Thursday, September 29, 2011

Form Two Students ONLY

Research may seem boring, or hard work.... But, it is a fact of life. We do research every day and you may not realize it.... You want to get the latest shoes...YOU RESEARCH the latest styles.... you wish to find out about the activities for the upcoming Family Day and Bazaar...you research the activites on the Events page in Facebook... You want to find out why this girl likes you.....you ask questions(interview, a form of Research)...and so on and so on. As you get older, as you attend new learning institutions, you will see how important it is to conduct Researches and put together the information you have gathered into your own words.... that is- not plagiarize. The research would be a bit more structured and of course, in depth.

When you reflect on your experiences, you are of course researching within. There is a wealth of information within you that you have not fully analysed....by reflecting on them, you will be organising your thoughts, putting deeper meaning to your experiences and you will become more aware of yourself and your abilities.

With reference to your recent Research project on COTTON, please share your experiences on your RESEARCH. How did you feel about it? What were your major problems? What made it enjoyable and rewarding for you?

8 comments:

  1. It is true that we research a lot of things without knowing it. If u were to ask me how to get students to do their work without copy and pasting I would suggest to make the project more modern and fun. For example u can tell them to research about converse. Everything is made of art so i guess it wont hurt to give such a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, you are talking the very truth. Nowadays children wants the latest and best looks on them but, they don't care how much it cost once they get it. They don't know how hard their parents worked for it and now they have to take it and buy the most expensive thing for them. The project Cotton was very interesting, it took me a while to get information about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir we do research a lot without knowing it.The cotton project was really fun. I never knew that cotton grew in warm climates and there were four types of cotton. I really look forward for more research art projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that the projects that you give us are really fun and interesting,but i think that the amount of projects you give us are quite too much.what you are saying is true but just give us less projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The project on Cotton to me was very hard. Between school, homework and revision there was not any time to complete it.The time that remained from these responsibilities I used on the project.It took me a lot of effort out of me to design, understand and print was very hectic.Finally I had finished the project and was very proud of myself.Even though it took a lot out of me to complete this assignment, I was proud that this was a educational approach to work because we can never stop learning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very true that children want the latest design of wear. They don't care about the price of the item when they are getting it. The cotton project was hard to get information or research but it was fun doing the research. I learned a lot about cotton that I didn't know. This project was interesting and at the end of the day it was a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my art teacher gave us a art project to do on cotton.I thought it would be very boring but i was very wrong.He showed us how to turn cotton cloth into a work of art.He gave us methods such as stenciling,dye bath,tye dye,trapunto and applique.i loved it all,it was very addicting to me,and i did lots of it especially stenciling,which is my favorite one.Today i did my art test and it turned out to be really great.I lerned to turn a piece of cloth that was worth $10 into a work of art which is now worth around $100.00.My teacher has a great personality and explains and teaches his work really well.This was done by keron dookie 2v

    ReplyDelete
  8. firstly my art teacher gave us something to do on glass painting and i thought that we had to buy this expensive paint for nothing.after he explained to us how to do it we saw the beauty of the art work that all of us had done i just loved it .

    ReplyDelete